Deutsche Internationale Schule (DSJ) is a co-educational K-12 German school in Johannesburg, South Africa with over 1,100 enrolments.
The problem – lack of visibility of student data
With multiple legacy systems that didn’t talk to each other, DSJ’s student information was siloed and hard to keep up to date. It needed one School Management Information system to capture and record all data. The school wanted everything to be available from a single database solution that multiple users could access from the cloud in a safe and secure environment.
DSJ partnered with Education Horizons to implement our Engage Premium Cloud-based School Management Information System that manages all your school data in one place. With its unique communication and workflow tools for teachers, parents Apps for greater engagement, finance and operations management, as well as tracking of student wellbeing, daily tasks are streamlined, simple and traceable:
“With Engage, everything is now in one place – we have a single source of truth for all student information, parent communication and finance management. This coupled with the security features increases our confidence and value for money with Engage. Engage is POPI compliant and helps us share student information to the right people at the right time.”
Deutsche Internationale Schule
Reporting made Easy with Engage
The complexity and time-consuming process of transforming school data to meet the peak body reporting requirements was also made easy by the Engage powerful reporting engine. As Francina says:
“One of the reasons for choosing the Engage management school information system is its feature rich and has a comprehensive compliance and reporting engine, that is also LURITS compliant. Our schools particularly like the database export functionality in Engage, which gives us a powerful reporting tool. You can build your own analytics at the click of a button and have confidence that your school data is clean and accurate.”
Why Choose Engage?
- Engage instantly makes working together easier, more efficient, and effective
- One system at the heart of your school to manage all your school data
- Delightful user experience with intuitive design and navigation
- Safe, secure and accessible in the cloud
- One system that creates connected teams and streamlined communications
- Easy creation, access, sharing and updating of essential school information
- Highly flexible and customisable
About Deutsche Internationale Schule Johannesburg
Deutsche Internationale Schule Johannesburg was founded in 1886 and today stands as the oldest co-educational school to operate in this provincial capital. It offers co-educational teaching of the highest standards leading to excellent final results in national, German and international examinations such as the South African National Senior Certificate, the German International Abitur and a German Language Diploma. The school:
- educates young people to become self-confident personalities with independent and critical thinking skills coupled with personal and social responsibility;
- promote both subject competence and the development of the whole personality of each learner;
- strengthen the inter-cultural sensitivities of our learners by cultivating respect for their own culture and appreciation of other cultures.
DSJ was named ‘The Best German School outside Germany’ by a panel of judges as part of ‘Der Deutsche Schulpreis in 2016 two years later received its second award ‘Exzellente Deutsche Auslandsschule’ award within a decade.